The Brocher Foundation’s grounds cover nearly three hectares on the shores of Lake Geneva in Hermance, near Geneva. Also facing the Jura Mountains, the Brocher Center is a haven of peace. As such, it offers an ideal setting for retreats and advanced scientific meetings. The park, with its lime, chestnut, tulip, maple and pine trees, is an inexhaustible source of inspiration and an area conducive to reflection. The Gloriette with its Doric columns – a pavilion overlooking Lake Geneva – represents a peaceful place, lulled by the waves.
Built in 1884, the Villa Brocher was renovated in 2010 in accordance with the rules of art and respect for heritage. Its modern furniture contrasts nicely with its 19th century architecture to make it a particularly elegant place. Its dining room and lounge are perfect for small meetings.
The Brocher Center
The conference room of the Brocher Center can accommodate up to 60 people. It can be adapted to host smaller groups around a round table. Equipped with the latest audio-visual equipment for conducting state-of-the-art conferences, it also offers an unobstructed view of the lake and the Jura through its bay window.
This Art Nouveau style building is composed of a single volume, rectangular in shape, with large windows. The openings, large semi-circular bays, are made of ironwork and polychrome glass. It overlooks a rose garden.
The woodland Pavilion
From a warehouse for wood and garden tools, the former “lumberyard” became a residential pavilion with two bedrooms and a studio.
At the time of its construction, it housed a dovecote. This function, which has not been used for many years, is still visible in the openings of the facade, which now have only a decorative function.